THE SAGE: Accordion Shades



We saw an accordion shade basically turned on its side and it hangs from a track on a sliding glass door. Do you have those and how much? Our door is 80 inches high and 109 inches wide

sageavatar2THE SAGE

Your description resembles a product called Vertiglide™. Its manufacturer is Hunter Douglas, a longtime leader in the window coverings industry. To view a video demonstrating its use click here.

Vertiglide™ is a traversing honeycomb shade (sometimes called accordion, or cell shade), made up of vertically oriented pleats. It could in fact be described as a honeycomb shade turned on its side, but a more complex operating system is required.

Base pricing has been sent to the email provided when you posted your question (includes installation). It reflects your stated dimensions, which would need to be confirmed with a visit from an ADVANCED ON-SITE representative.

The base product can be ordered to stack on either the left or right side of the opening. Additional surcharges apply if split stack, traveling center stack, or Duolite™ design options are desired. Likewise, expanded color pallets, patterns, fabric types and pleat sizes can be obtained through additional charges.

Please use the comment form at the bottom of this page if you have additional questions. Should you wish to move forward with ordering and installation please respond with a daytime telephone number to the email mentioned above.

Thank you for your submission.

NOTE: ADVANCED ON-SITE‘s specialty is drapery and shade cleaning, though we offer a range of other services, related to window coverings. Contact us to discuss your needs.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *